1981: Ph.D. (Candidate of Science, Phys.-Math.) in "Radiophysics including Quantum
one", Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
(MIPT), USSR, concerning development and investigation of bulk electro-optic
diffraction light modulator (classified).
1972-1978: M.S., MIPT Department of Physical and
Quantum Electronics , Chair of Optical Information Systems ( with distinction).
Job and Career History/Working Positions:
1991- till now Associate Professor at General and Experimental Physics Chair, Laser
Laboratory chief, National Technical University
"KhPI" (NTU "KhPI" , Kharkiv, Ukraine. Responsible for new courses
development and implementation in Laser Laboratory (Quantum Radiophysics and Non-linear
Optics; Laser and Fibre Optic Devices; Laser techniques and Technology, Laser
Technologies), laboratory works and manuals for them, distant course in optical
Lecturer in General Physics and above mentioned special courses in Physics, laboratory
Part-time senior research fellow in joint R&D project in laser flame control of coils
quality, post graduate student supervisor (three years).
1986-1991: Assistant Professor at the same Chair, NTU "KhPI". Lecturer in
General Physics, in charge of Laser Laboratory organization (equipment selection and
purchasing, installations development and adjustment).
Lecturer in General Physics and laboratory works supervisor.
1986-1993: Part-time senior research fellow in joint R&D projects:
- semiconductor laser-to-fibre holographic coupling based on chalcogenide glasses
- optic fibre end lens formation by CO2 laser melting and those lens studying;
- stimulated Brillouin scattering in chalcogenide glasses.
1982-1986: Senior research fellow, Military Engineering Radio-Technical Academy of
Anti-aircraft Defence, Kharkiv. In charge of group for wave front reversal by stimulated
1978-1981: Part-time junior research fellow at "Astrophysics"
Scientific-Production Corp., Moscow, responsible for electroptical diffraction modulator
- Four month grants of invited professor at University Paris-13, laboratory LIMHP CNRS
(1999, 2000,2001,2002, 2011).
native ones - Russian, Ukrainian;
others - English (comprehension: reading - good, listening - worse, speaking - good,
writing - see this
text and publications from list below,
this site or my hobby
- Polish, French - can read .
SUMMARY OF MAJOR SKILLS, EXPERTISE AND EXPERIENCE:
- >20 years experience in laser and optoelectronic systems development, assembling,
adjustment and maintenance. Lasers used: YAG:Nd3+ cw and pulsing (free generation and
different types of active and passive Q-switching, first, second and third harmonics,
Spectra Physics Quanta Ray with MOPO converter), YAG:Nd3+ amplifiers, copper vapor lasers
and amplifiers, organic dyes solutions, CO2, Ar, He-Cd, He-Ne, nitrogen, and semiconductor
- new optical devices development, patent disclosures writing and having an argument with
patent office (18 patents).
- non-linear effects obtaining and/or suppression and their spectroscopy (stimulated
Brillouin and Raman scatterings, wavefront reversal - including in glass and capillary
waveguides; parametric frequency conversion, gain and absorption saturation,
luminescence), correlation spectroscopy.
- precision optical elements adjustment laser resonator mirrors and Q-switching
harmonics generation crystals, fibres, planar and capillary waveguides (with liquid core,
including specific liquids up to TiCl4 ), interferometers.
- laser light parameters improvement, longitudinal and transversal modes selection.
- laser drilling, cutting and welding by pulsing and cw YAG:Nd3+ lasers, fibre ends
melting by CO2 laser for lens production.
- holograms recording (organic photorhesist and As2S3 + Ag ) and their halvanic replica
- communication skills: collaboration in international, multi-cultural research team,
participation at international conferences.
- > 15 years experience in student education and teaching: lecturing in General Physics
and above mentioned special courses with giving exercises in appropriate laboratory
courses, laboratory works development, installations assembling and handbooks writing
- independent projects: development of technology for home/office laser/jet
printing on "wallpaper" holographic self-adhesive films and sparkling at sunshine advertising
board , Liner/Coating Technology for Faucet Spouts, Technology to Reduce Foaming in a Boiler,
Compact Boiler Design/Technology , Holographic
seal defended from holographic copying ,
assistance in development and
testing of thermosensor
diagnostics system for laser welding
Social activity: http://ukraine.exrus.eu/en/
RESEARCH INTERESTSError Definition for
Nanoparticles Size in Liquid Measured by Correlation Spectroscopy Method, A. G. Lazarenko, A.
N. Andreev, A. V. Kanaev, Proc. of 11th Int. Conf. on Laser and Fiber-Optical
Networks Modeling, Kharkiv, Ukraine, Sept. 4-8, 2011, pp. 70-71
New laser, optic, fibreoptic and optoelectronic devices and systems development,
improvement and testing .
EXPERIENCE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE:
IBM PC 386, 486, Pentium, LAN, modem, digital camera etc.
MS Windows, PC-Tools, Norton, etc.; Word, Excel, CorelDRAW, HTML, etc.; Mathlab, Maple,
THE LATEST SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS:
1. Bandgap energy of graphite-like hexagonal boron nitride, Solozhenko V.L.; Lazarenko
J-P.; Kanaev A.V., Journ. of Phys. and Chem. of Solids. 2001; 62 (7), pp. 1331-1334;
2. Angle of synchronism naturally tuning device for CARS stimulation by signal of
generator, Lazarenko A. G., Andreev A. N., Kanaev A. V., Proc. 1st Int. Conf. on
Optoelectronics&Lasers, Alushta, Crimea, Ukraine, 16-20Sept. 2003, v.2.
3. Dynamical Light Scattering Method For Particle Size Determination Using Optical Fibres
, M. Rivallin, M. Benmami, A. Gaunand, A. Andreev, A. Lazarenko, A. Kanaev, Proceedings of
the ECCE-4 (21-25/09/2003), Topic 8 - Solid Handling, p.O-8.1-006.
4. Dynamical Light Scattering Method For Particle Size Determination Using Optical Fibres,
M. Rivallin, M. Benmami, A. Gaunand, A. Andreev, A. Lazarenko, A. Kanaev, Chemical &
Engineering Technology (J. Wiley) (2003) acceptee.
5. Possibilities of implanted control in stimulated light scattering experiments
Lazarenko A. G., Andreev A. N., Kanaev A. V., Proc. SPIE Vol. 5582, p. 179-186, Advanced
Optoelectronics and Lasers, -2004.
6. High Frequency Light Self-Modulation in Simple Interference Scheme, Lazarenko A. G.,
Kanaev A. V., Andreev A. N., Proc. of 6th Int. Conf. on Laser and Fiber-Optical Networks
Modeling, Kharkiv. Ukraine, 6-9 Sept. 2004, pp. 41-44.
7. Pulses Transformations in Running Wave Interferometers, A. G. Lazarenko, A. V. Kanaev,
In: proc. 2nd Int. Conf. on Advanced Optoelectronics and Lasers, p. 177-180 (2005).
8. Input signal profile influence on output spectra of running wave amplifying
interferometer for terahertz spectroscopy, Lazarenko A. G., Kanaev A. V., Andreev A.
N., Proc. of 8th Int. Conf. on Laser and Fiber-Optical Networks Modeling, Kharkiv,
Ukraine, 29June-01July,. 2006, pp.145-148.
9. Inexpensive Correlation Gauge for Nanoparticles Dimensions Measurement in Liquid
and it's Accuracy of Measurement, Andreev A.N., Lazarenko A.G., Kanaev A.V.,Proc. 3nd Int.
Conf. on Advanced Optoelectronics&Lasers (CAOL2008), Alushta, Crimea, Ukraine,
29Sept.-04 Oct. 2008, pp.331-333.
10. Thermosensor Diagnostics (TSD) of Laser Welding Process, A.F. Keremzhanov, P.P.
Arkhipov, A.G. Lazarenko , Proc. 5th Int. Conf. on Advanced
Optoelectronics&Lasers (CAOL2010), Sevastopol, Crimea, Ukraine, Sept.10-14 2010,
12. Lazarenko A.G., Andreev A.N., Ben Amar M., Chhor K., Kanaev A.V.
Agitated reactor with in situ nanoparticle size control by light scattering
photon correlation spectroscopy // Proceeding of 6-st International
Conference on Advanced Optoelectronics and Lasers. – 2013. – P. 352–354
13.. Andreev A.N., Lazarenko A.G., Kanaev A.V. Application of running
wave interferometer in correlation spectroscopy // Telecommunications and
Radio Engineering. – 2012. V. 71, ¹ 3. – P. 259–264.